Trekking on Dante’s paths
Excursion to discover the places praised by the Supreme Poet in the National Park of the Casentino Forests, between Romagna and Tuscany.
The price includes:
- 2 nights in a double room at local accommodation facilities, with breakfast included
- 2 dinners and 1 lunch (in a farmhouse, tavern or restaurant) based on typical local products (from Romagna and/or Tuscany)
- guided tour by an Environmental Hiking Guide (2nd and 3rd day)
- Medical insurance
The price does not include:
- packed lunches
- round-trip transfers to/from accommodation facilities to the eating establishments where meals will be served
- tips, personal extras, and anything not expressly indicated under “The price includes”
Arrival and luggage drop-off at the selected accommodation facility.
Free afternoon with the possibility of visiting the smallest volcano in Italy located on the nearby Monte Busca. Dinner at a typical restaurant, where traditional Romagna and Tuscan dishes will be served. Transfer to the accommodation facility. Overnight stay.
Breakfast. Transfer to San Benedetto in Alpe. Meeting with the Guide, distribution of information material (maps and excursion itinerary) and equipment check.
Excursion (Difficulty Level: Easy 8km uphill climb 235m) following the trail that connects the ancient village to the Eremo dei Romiti, a medieval pass between Tuscany and Romagna, culminating with the imposing Acquacheta waterfall (mentioned by Dante in Dante’s Inferno). Packed lunch (upon purchase by participants) on the Romiti lawn. End of the excursion and return to the accommodation facility. Dinner at a typical restaurant, where traditional Romagna and Tuscan dishes will be served.
Return to the accommodation facility. Overnight stay.
Breakfast. Transfer to Bocconi. Meeting with the Guide, distribution of information material (maps and excursion itinerary) and equipment check. Half day excursion (Difficulty Level: Easy 4km uphill climb 200m) to reach some interesting places, such as the medieval Brusia bridge and the Bastia village ruins. Return to the accommodation facility. Lunch at a typical restaurant where typical Romagna and Tuscany dishes will be served.
End of itinerary.
Single Room Supplement starting from € 20